Sunday, September 18, 2005

Responding to Katrina

I've been slow to post a Katrina response--partly because I've been reading and thinking, sifting through my own thoughts in order to make sure my response was Biblical. (I posted what I believed were some helpful links earlier, but they were among the posts that disappeared.) I'm not sure I'll ever post a complete response; rather, I will probably post my response to news or others responses that I feel are Biblical or unBiblical. In that vein, here is my first post.

To those who claim that this was God's judgment on New Orleans, I refer to Jesus' words in Luke 13:1-5.

1 There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And he answered them, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? 3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? 5 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”

No comments: