Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What's a Political Junkie to Do?

It's election day here in the States, and we've just completed our civic duty. I took one of my sons in with me, and let him push all the buttons on the voting machine for me. It went fine--except that he kept wanting to vote for the Green Party Candidate. But you can't expect perfection from a four year old.

So now I'm back home, and ready to watch the returns. But since most of the election coverage has moved to cable news stations, what's a cheapskate like me (who refuses to pay for TV) to do?

I've checked the local news channel websites, but they aren't exactly helpful. And one of my standbys from last election, NPR, doesn't hold the interest because there's too much national coverage, and too little local.

So right now, I'm listening to 840 WHAS out of Kentucky (through the magic of radio propagation and clear channel stations), which is running Fox News Radio programming. For local coverage, all of the stations have the returns on the bottom, but unfortunately no good programs to watch while we're doing it.

Oh, did I mention that this year I'm pulling for gridlock?

No comments: