Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The 2005 Wooden Nickle Awards

My thoughts:

1) Most Improved: Sojourner. Couldn't agree more. Congrats, Brad.

2) Best Sidekick: JIBBS. I demand a recount! Oh, and by the way, I prefer the term "Hero Support."

3) Best Potential Sidekick: Carla Rolfe. Coach Boomer says, "HERO!"

4) Steve Hays Memorial Wooden Nickel: Phil Johnson, for this post. Uh, what post?

5) Best Homeschool Blog: Kim @ Upward Call. I don't know what's worse, her hubby nominating her as a joke, or her being embarrassed by the nomination. But she accepts the award gracefully.

6) Best Blog, 2005: Pyromaniac. Like there was any doubt.
(Phil bought the Awards Committee lunch...twice.)

4 comments:

Neil said...

Actually Matt, I didn't nominate her as a joke, despite what I told Frank. But it was very entertaining to watch her try to decide whether this was a good thing or not.

Kim said...

Matt, Buggy is just eating this up. He telephoned me from work to tell me about winning the wooden nickle. He loves to see me squirm.

Matt Gumm said...

You guys crack me up.

Daniel said...

Coach Boomer says, "HERO!"

I thought I was the only one who watched that movie.