Thursday, October 20, 2005

William Dicks--thanks for stopping by!

William Dicks stopped by my blog today, to leave me a note updating my Phil Johnson Blog Star post. He invited me to stop by his blog, which I did.

Wow!

But don't take my word for it. Check out this post about the Reformation. Very timely, given the upcoming Reformation Day (Oct. 31), and also the current church climate where everyone seems eager to undo all the gains that took place as a result of the Reformation.

Now--regarding the Reformation, the online Catholic Encyclopedia has this to say:
The Reformation destroyed the unity of faith and ecclesiastical organization of the Christian peoples of Europe, cut many millions off from the true Catholic Church, and robbed them of the greatest portion of the salutary means for the cultivation and maintenance of the supernatural life. Incalculable harm was thereby wrought from the religious standpoint.
What a sad blindness to the truth! The Reformation resulted in the recovery of the Doctrines of Grace, not incalculable harm. True, it cut many off from the Catholic Church; but it brought them instead into the true catholic church: not the Pope's church, or Mary's church, but Christ's church.

Anyway, thanks to Bill for stopping by. Hope you'll come visit again soon. I'll definitely be heading over to your blog again in the near future.

1 comment:

William Dicks said...

Matt,

Thank you for your very kind words.

I thought that I'd let you know that I visit your site regularly to see what you have posted.

Keep it up!